We're excited to announce the release of 1.4.10.
The headliners in this release include:
- Related Links: when saving a code snippet, context is critical. It's often useful to associate related web pages with your code snippets. Now you can, simply by tapping CMD+K to associate any number of URLs to a piece.
- Image Processing: Pieces OS now contains all the infrastructure needed to store and process images, including screenshots. User-facing upgrades will be out in a couple weeks.
Pieces for Developers
Pieces for Developers is the core user-facing Pieces application.
Managing a Piece
- [New Feature] Related Links: users can tap CMD+K to associate any number of URLs to a piece.
- Default descriptions for a piece will now be adjusted automatically when a user reclassifies a piece.
- Improved empty state experience (when a user has no pieces saved) to make it more helpful to discover Pieces integrations
Installing & Configuring Pieces
- Users can now choose to connect Pieces to the cloud or work in offline mode during the onboarding flow
- Users can now click to restart the app when a failed connection to Pieces OS occurs
Everything we develop is on top of the Pieces API. We're excited to welcome third-party developers who want to build applications on top of our infrastructure. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Pieces OS now contains APIs and data structures enabling an association of links and tags with a Piece:
- [New Feature] Support for associating tags with a piece
- [New Feature] Support for associating web pages with a piece
- Pieces OS also supports all of the needed components to support storing and processing images
- Variable privacy flags: as we add users inside enterprises and entire teams and enterprises themselves, we want to ensure data and usage opt-in capabilities. This release includes variable privacy flags on assets throughout the platform.
Pieces for Chrome
Get the Pieces Chrome Extension here.
- Revised the onboarding experience outlining how to use Pieces with Chrome
- Increased website support
- Adds a notification when a piece is saved
- Saves the source URL of snippets saved via Chrome extension to Related Links Menu in Pieces for Developers
Pieces for JetBrains (including IntelliJ and PyCharm)
Get the JetBrains Extension here.
- Performance improvements to Suggested Save
- Small patches and cleaning to the plugin codebase
- Compatibility with Pieces OS 1.4.10 or greater