For newer users, Pieces OS is the background service that enables Pieces to work locally and handles communications with any integrations you install.
- Support for automatically launching Pieces OS on machine boot-up on Windows
Pieces for Developers
For newer users, Pieces for Developers is the core user-facing Pieces application.
- MacOS users can now drag and drop code files into Pieces to create a snippet
- Users can now dismiss the reclassify/rename prompt by clicking ‘Dismiss’
Viewing and Managing Pieces
- Users can now suggest a language if they cannot find what they're looking for in the Reclassification Menu
- Users can visually see scrollbars while scrolling code
- Users can scroll the editor using the ‘up’ and ‘down’ arrows on the keyboard
- Improved code editor support and syntax highlighting
- Search string highlight matches are now background-highlighted for improved readability
- Users can now click 'Esc' to re-focus their search after unfocusing
Installing & Configuring Pieces
- Users can check for updates inside of the settings menu
- Users can see their app information inside of the settings menu
- Improved shortcuts and new shortcut for Checking for Updates [CMD+U]
- Users can navigate the onboarding experience using forward and back buttons
- Users can now request support if they receive a ‘Disconnected’ message and Pieces displays an error
For newer users, you can install integrations here that enable in-app saving and retrieving of Pieces inside your favorite code editors and Chrome.
- Expanded data model to support additional media types such as images / screenshots
- Expanded the 'preview' property on the Asset model to now support additional formats
- Updated SearchedAsset model with a new required property that will give more insight into why the returned asset is a match and what type of match: Fuzzy, Content, Title, Description, Multiple (for multiple matches)
- Deprecation of integration-specific routes